August 18, 1927 – November 19, 2023
AHEAD OF HER TIME
Rosalynn Carter was a truly transformative First Lady, but that does not define her life’s work. Her accomplishments are too many to list here, but we know best her work as a mental health advocate and a worldwide humanitarian. She supported her husband, President Jimmy Carter, unreservedly but demanded that he treat her as a true and equal partner in life, in marriage, and in their accomplishments. Dubbed the “Steel Magnolia” by the media and detractors, her gentle, soft-spoken demeanor belied more toughness than even her husband exhibited. Her legacy of extraordinary service not only to America, but also around the world, will be remembered and honored as a model by history.
Rapid Response Team Reacting to Breaking News and Countering Misinformation with Truth and Facts
Montgomery County Virginia Democrats know that the future of our democracy is at stake. Supreme Court decisions, votes on major legislation, actions by extremist groups, and other developments require constant vigilance and our readiness to retaliate with a coordinated response.
Join our Democracy Brigade by emailing Gretchen Distler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receive alerts from the MCDC Outreach Committee about ways in which you can help us take prompt, positive action, including:
- Contacting your representatives and writing letters to the editor — we’ll provide scripts and templates for you.
- Participating in demonstrations — you’ll be notified about these events..
- Posting information on social media.
- Follow and comment on others’ social media accounts.
By showing our collective strength, we will prevail!
Recent Democracy Brigade actions:
Joining the March for Gun Safety
Supporting public school funding
Supporting marriage equality
Calling out and countering Republican hypocrisy on law enforcement
Protesting Morgan Griffith’s dismal voting record
Support for transgender students
- Get Involved! Working with MCDC is one of the easiest ways to make a difference in our community, our state, and our nation. Go to our volunteer page, fill it out and submit it, and we will match your interests with our needs!
- Please consider making a donation to MCDC! Go to our contributions page; contributions go to support for our candidates, and to costs such as training and guest speakers.
- We have a social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, as well as an online newsletter! Join us!!
Montgomery County Virginia Democrats have a wide variety of service projects and social events throughout the year that all Democrats are welcome to attend – hope you can join us!
“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
President Barack Obama